BINCHOTAN CHARCOAL STICKS - Natural Water & Air Purifier
Hydration is essential to health and beauty. The secret to getting enough daily is great tasting water. Filter water using Kishu Binchōtan, activated charcoal fired from Japanese oak. The oak branches are hand selected and heated at super high temperatures to form a dark, dense, porous filter of water and air. The heating process leaves the charcoal with a look and feel reminiscent of glass and looks attractive sitting in a glass pitcher or carafe as it filters.
ENJOY BETTER TASTING WATER
- Binchotan helps impart minerals and alkaline properties to water.
- After 3+ hours in a pitcher or carafe, water is crisp and ready for drinking.
- Each stick helps filter water for 4 to 6 months depending on volume of water purified.
- Binchotan is an effective and low-carbon option to better tasting water for your family and pets without the negative effects of BPAs or added waste.
HELPS IMPROVE AIR QUALITY
- Assists in purifying air by absorbing negative ions, excess air moisture and off odors.
- Suitable for use in fridge, closets, shoe storage areas, pet areas and any place where the control of smell and moisture need a boost.
Rinse stick, boil for 10 minutes, and allow to dry thoroughly before first use. Once dry, place in container of water. We recommend a vessel made of glass or ceramic. For best results, allow charcoal to purify water for at least 3 hours before drinking.
Recharge + Replace
Boil for 10 minutes every 2 weeks to keep charcoal's water-purifying qualities active. Once the stick stops releasing air bubbles during the boiling/reactivating process, it's time to replace.
Place in a sunny spot for a day to keep charcoal's air-purifying qualities active. We recommend replacing the charcoal after one year of dry use.
Break up and sprinkle in the garden or in the soil of potted plants. The carbon-rich nature of Binchotan acts as compost and imparts fertilizing qualities to soil.
This is a natural product; variations in size and shape may occur.
*Please note binchotan is for use with potable water only.
Imported from Japan.