Coffee is an antioxidant-rich beverage that aids liver function, fights dementia, reduces heart disease risk and helps many of us find a bit of pep and happiness on a busy morning. It's no wonder coffee is growing in popularity. No matter how or where you take it, cheers to this delicious healthy drink!
For the best cup of joe at home, be sure to:
- Buy whole organic beans and grind right before brewing.
- Avoid plastic in the brewing process. BPAs have no place in your brew. Glass and metal brewing options are available at every price point.
- Choose unbleached, less processed filters.
- Use filtered water to allow the beans' flavors to come through without obstruction
- If brewing manually, allow the grounds to bloom for a richer, fuller flavor. This step requires moistening the grounds with hot water and allowing to coffee beans to sit for 2-3 minutes. You will absolutely taste the difference.
- Freeze leftover coffee for an alternative to ice cubes for a cup of ice coffee that'll be potent from the first sip to the last.
- Save coffee grounds. In addition to many uses in and around the home, coffee grounds can also help with a range of beauty tasks including exfoliate skin and soften hair.
Are you a fan of coffee?