A new year represents new beginnings and surrounding yourself with positive relationships can make all the difference. After all, relationships have a direct effect on not only mental health but also physical well-being.
As we kick off the new year, may we suggest a few things to consider when evaluating a relationship:
- Does this person add to my life in a positive way?
- Are my interactions with this person positive?
- Does this individual reciprocate?
- Do I feel happier after seeing and spending time with this person?
- Does this person encourage and support my growth?
If you can't answer yes to these questions, you may need to take a deeper look at the relationship and steer the ship in the right direction.
Good relationships are essential to a happy and full life. As you assess the relationships in your life, don't forget to ask yourself if you're creating positive relationships for loved ones as well.
Image courtesy of Clarisse Meyer